The company is looking for an enthusiastic IT professional to join the Server Storage and Virtualisation Division. The successful candidate will be primarily focused on the design, implementation and on-going support services for the solutions within the Sever Storage and Virtualisation portfolio.
However, the successful candidate will also be responsible for assisting the sales team with solution designs, proposal content, project scopes, project plans and overall presales assistance. Finally, the successful candidate will assist with mentoring, professional development and training of junior technicians.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working in diverse customer environments with a multitude of technologies related to desktop, server, storage, enterprise software and virtualization solutions.
The role reports to the Senior Architect of the division but a demonstrated ability to succeed in an autonomous environment is key to this role.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills &
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Valid storage certificates from any major SAN vendors
- Valid virtualization certificates from VMware (VCP v4/5)
- Valid server and core infrastructure certifications from Microsoft (MCITP, MCSE)
- Strong Microsoft Core Infrastructure (AD, DNS, DHCP) design, implementation and operational skills
- Strong VMware server virtualization design, implementation and operational skills
- Strong sever and storage design, implementation and operational skills
- Working Knowledge of standard project lifecycle phases
- Professionally presented with strong customer-facing skills and the ability to build and maintain working relationships with customers at all levels
- Experience with the following would be considered advantageous – Microsoft Exchange and/or SQL server, fibre channel switching for SAN and/or VMWare, Citrix desktop and application virtualization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills