The DBA will be an integral part of the Technical Operations Team, providing 2nd and 3rd line support of the companies production, UAT and test data services.
You will be a confident DBA, with the ability to resolve issues and be a subject matter expert for database services. Whether you are a DBA or have another title, you should be one of the contacts that the company would call if database services stopped functioning.
A number of mission critical data services are operated by the company - including a 3TB RAM/144 core/1.6m IOP 4 node SQL 2014 AlwaysOn cluster, Splunk and Tableau for business and operations data analytics
Projects to be completed in the next year, involve scaling out Splunk and Tableau infrastructures and updating to SQL 2016.
To be considered for this role it is essential you have the following Technical skills:
- Windows 2008r2/2012r2/2016
- SQL versions 2012r2 or 2016.
- AlwaysOn Environments
- SQL Server Clusters
- On-call troubleshooting experience with at least one production SQL Server.
- Working with developers to improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes.
- Ability to install software, and understand how you would install software at scale (on multiple systems at the same time).
- Service Desk or case-logging software.
- Familiarity with Active Directory and NTFS permissions.
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with the concepts of IP networking and firewalling.
- Understanding of security concepts.
- Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance
- Understanding of programming, specifically .NET.
- Working with source control.
- Understanding concepts of NoSQL.
- Experience database platforms which are not MSSQL.
Desirable Technical skills:
- VMware vSphere, Hyper V or familiarity with Virtualisation concepts.
- Windows Server.
- Strong PowerShell or python scripting.
- Layer 2/3 Networking.
- Visual Studio development environments.
- Amazon AWS, Azure or cloud computing.
- Knowledge of operating PaaS database platforms on either Azure or AWS.
- Other database platforms like MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- NoSQL databases like CouchDB or Cassanda.
- Working with source control, particularly github.
*Salary NOT to be advertised for this role.