My client is one of the well known private Healthcare Organisation based in Surrey. They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Speciality Doctor to join their team and lead the way in forensic services. The post holder will assist the Consultant Psychiatrist in delivering a high quality clinical service to patients.
- You will be involved in the day to day care of the patients including initial clerking and ongoing reviews of their physical health. You will have time to regularly meet with patients to develop therapeutic relationships as well as assessing their mental state, behaviour and response to therapy.
- You will attend regular multidisciplinary team ward rounds; Care programme approach’s and risk meetings. There will be the opportunity to assess patients in other hospitals and prisons to determine their suitability for transfer to our hospital.
- Duties will also include writing reports for the care programme approach and managers, tribunal hearings with support from the consultant.
- There is also the opportunity for in-house training (e.g. HCR20 V3 training) and funding is available for CPD events such as conferences. You will also receive supervision from the consultant and will have yearly appraisals.
Experience & Requirements:
- The successful candidate will preferably have their MRCPsych and some forensic experience.
- The post will be ideal for someone wanting further experience in forensics before applying for a forensic training rotation. The post includes participation in an on-call rota.
- Working Hours: 37.5hrs PW