My client is a long-established award-winning gastro eating place, just over 2 miles west of Winchester. The food is of high quality, prepared and cooked freshly on the premises.
They pride themselves on being a very warm and friendly team that offer excellent customer experiences as well as being a great place to work.
They are now looking for an experienced Sous Chef who can demonstrate drive and enthusiasm to always provide the best experience for our customers.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Creating high quality dishes, cooked consistently and enthusiastically to a high level, including a menu of daily specials based on seasonality.
- Supporting the Head Chef to run the kitchen
- Developing new products regularly and working with the Management Team for ongoing menu selection.
- Ensuring that the required preparation is undertaken and completed prior to each service.
- Maintaining standards in quality of food produced, food storage, stock control, food hygiene, staffing and wastage control.
- Maintaining our high level of food safety & hygiene which is essential
- Managing stock control, portion sizes and quality
- Work in a high-pressured environment.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Previous experience at Sous Chef level in a leisure resort or a high street restaurant brand.
- A confident communicator who can engage positively with our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders in the business.
- Developing and improving food, food standards and the people you lead.
- Monitoring and improving costs and efficiencies will also be part of your remit.
- They are offering a competitive salary depending on experience, sensible hours, NVQ training and an exciting future for the right person.