- Are you an experienced Sourcing Manager in the food industry?
- Do you have a great understanding of 3rd party manufacturing and working with manufacturing facilities overseas?
- Is it your desire to work for an entrepreneurial business where you can really make a change?
If so, we’d love to hear from you as our client based in South London are looking to recruit a Sourcing Manager to join their business who market & sell food products across Europe and the Far East.
The role of Sourcing Manager:
- Sourcing of food manufacturers, packaging and raw materials, working with them to set up collaborative relationships and ensure everything is ready for the Quality Manager to conduct audits for supplier approval.
- Setting up manufacturing contracts and service level agreements.
- Cost negotiation and completion of all contracts.
- You will be the first point of contact for NPD and projects for all International Markets.
- Accountable for project management process and keeping projects on time and within budget.
- Review and develop NPD processes with the aim of increasing productivity.
- Value analysis of product range/opportunities to reduce wastage.
The experience and knowledge of the Sourcing Manager:
- A background of working in the food industry, forging strong relationships with 3rd party manufacturers is essential.
- A proven background in setting up supplier agreements and know what a factory is capable of and ensuring that meets the business requirements.
- The ability to manage a team of people, inspiring and leading to ensure not only that the team is the very best, but that relationships externally are collaborative.
- Exceptional communication skills as well as negotiation skills.
- You must be able to manage a large number of projects, on time and within budget.