Solution Lead/Architect - 60k -80k x6
Senior Solutions Lead/Architect upto 90k - x2
Home Based with UK Travel
Ideally Public Sector Background with Traditional Career Path
Able to consult and work in client-facing capacity
Experience of modernization/upgrading projects
Non-technical roles but need to be able to explain features to clients - primary tools are SAAS/Cloud-Based
Bid Experience (Had Exposure/Doesn’t need to own bid process)
Please see more detailed information below:-
The IT Solutions Lead supports the execution of IT Work packages by studying and understanding clients’ requirements, identifying gaps (if any) between clients’ requirements and current IT capabilities, defining solutions to bridge the gap and making sure that the project scope is maintained, and solutions implemented in line with design.
They are expected to work closely with clients and business representatives to understand their business needs and design solutions to tackle the IT need of each business or bid. The Solution Lead must also understand not just the IT needs of the business but also the overall impact of proposed solutions to the profitability of the business or bid.
To ensure that IT Solution Leads maximize value and credibility, they will be a specialist in at least one particular IT area whilst maintaining a vast knowledge of current and emerging IT technologies.
The role is positioned within the Solution capability in ITS and reports to a Resource Pool Manager. In the execution of the role the Solution Technical Lead will have significant interaction with Standard Service Technical Leads as well as Enterprise Architects within the Division and the Integration Architect within ITS.
The IT Solution Lead will have significant interaction with Solutions Sector Leads and BU Portfolio Managers to ensure the solutions are in line with sector roadmaps and are being delivered in line.
The individual will be expected to manage their own work (and that of others where appropriate) within agreed frameworks, drawing on support from other members of the Solution Team where appropriate.
- Liaise with business representatives, Divisional IT leads and Bid teams to understand the needs of business
- Liaise with other IT professionals (e.g. Sector Leads, Standard Service Technical Leads) to architect and design solutions for business operations and bids
- Ensure compliance to solution architectural design in the implementation of projects
- Provide architectural guidance and design leadership to the Technical Delivery team to ensure delivery is in line with the design
- Provide Delivery execution support to the delivery team, supporting the design and management of the workpackage breakdown.
- Explain technical issues and IT solution strategies to stakeholders and other IT professionals as required in support of solutions.
- Keep accurate record of expected deliverables, Workpackage backlogs, audit actual deliverables (e.g. testing) and milestone achievement.
- Support Technical Delivery Managers and partners to ensure that solution milestones are accomplished as per the workpackage plan.
- Guide the activities of Solution Design to ensure timely completion of Technical Delivery projects
- Ensure that solution designs are in sync and aligned with business needs and support Sector Roadmaps
- Review the proposal of vendors and suppliers to ensure that quality inputs are deliverable, aligned to Sector Roadmaps and compliant with Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Monitor the activities of external teams on IT workpackage projects
- Identify and mitigate existing business risk or risks associated with solution architecture.
- The IT Solution Lead:
- Describes the architecture and design of solution in sufficient detail for work to be planned and detailed design and delivery to proceed, then assures the delivery work adheres to design.
- Describes the structure of solution to a business problem, which may include several applications and technologies.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree especially in IT related discipline is expected but not mandatory. However, a thorough understanding of modern IT Infrastructure, applications and Cloud based technologies is very important.
- Problem solving skills: They must be good at thinking up innovative ideas and solutions to problems. The IT Solution Lead must be an analytical thinker and logical in approaching issues
- Communication: The IT Solution Lead must possess effective communication skills that enables them to convey complex technical details to clients in a straightforward manner
- Flexible and innovative: Must be innovative and should be up-to-date with current technologies. He/she must be able to identify technical issues and be able to design solutions to fix them. Most importantly, they should be flexible in making plans and program decisions.
- Ability to build from good relationships with clients/operational managers and colleagues
o BCS Enterprise and Solutions Architecture
o TOGAF 9
Must be SC cleared or willing to undergo SC clearance.