Commercial Property Development Solicitor
We are a commercial practice with a strong focus on commercial property, agriculture and rural estates and the food sector. We have ambitious plans for growth, but to realise them we need the right people.
Since its beginnings in Lincolnshire over 80 years ago, we have developed beyond its historic East Midlands heartland. We act for clients across the country and sit comfortably among the UK’s top 150 law firms. Our people work out of four offices: Spalding, Nottingham, Peterborough and Alconbury.
We take an active, hands-on and long-term approach, getting to know our clients and their businesses over many years. This means we can anticipate and deal with complex and challenging issues that really matter - not just to the success of the businesses themselves but to the wellbeing of the families that depend on them.
Many of our 26 partners trained with us; this has been one of the keys to our success and we aim to continue to grow organically while bringing in additional expertise where needed to meet our strategic goals.
As you would expect, we are looking for people with proven intellectual ability, a commercial approach, excellent interpersonal skills and, most of all, the drive to exceed our clients’ expectations. In return, we offer competitive salaries and the chance to grow with us.
Day to day responsibilities:
· Providing expert legal advice to a range of clients including the negotiation and drafting of documentation
· Management of Client/Matter files
· Carrying out in an effective, efficient and timely manner the various stages of legal proceedings with the aim of protecting the interests of the client
· Proactively developing new business opportunities from internal cross-referrals, existing clients and other professionals
· Meeting agreed targets for chargeable time, fee income generated, billing and fee collection