We’re looking for candidates with system level technical leadership and must have had previous experience of managing a small team. Current team consists of 8 engineers of varying experience.
We are seeking a Software Technical Team Lead for analytics and security products. The products build on Linux OS (and other relevant opensource tech) and encompass high performance analytics, enterprise software, networking, databases, storage technologies and distributed systems.
As a technical lead the successful candidate will be responsible for the technical direction of the software, managing a team of developers, helping mentor more junior developers and ensuring consistency and quality in the code base.
This is a senior and highly technical role and you will have a proven successful track record of producing high quality software.
- PhD, first class or 2:1 from well ranked university.
- 7+ years software experience (or equivalent) ideally working at silicon or networking companies.
- Evidence of technical leadership in the successful delivery of complex and challenging software products.
- Hardware/software co-design and server system architecture understanding
- Knowledge of Ethernet & TCP/IP, networking protocols (incl security), databases, analytics, Linux, devops tools, C, C++, Python, distributed systems, user interfaces.
- Experience of software practices and tools – scrum, TDD, CI, release management etc
- Previous experience of running a small team of engineers.