Can you bring a depth of knowledge to help deliver and integrate software, to form a complete service experience?
We are looking for a driven Software Engineer to join our dedicated Engineering team. Seeking a candidate that has a background in web application development to support frontend software design.
As part of the role you will have daily engagement with stakeholders, write code to best practice standards and conduct testing using the TDD approach. A role which will allow you to regularly participate in team estimation activities and encourage to you to identify opportunities to maximise software development.
Whilst working within an agile team to meet the business and user requirements to develop software development components and build applications.
We promote creativity and seek a candidate that has the drive to learn, as there may be the opportunity to provide 3rd line support to existing live systems.
You should share our love of technology and enjoy learning new ones. We work with the following technologies:
What we’re looking for:
To be part of our team, we’re looking for an individual that can demonstrate technical skills in software engineering and be able to show:
• Good knowledge of Frontend technologies
• Use of modern engineering best practice
• Experience of iterative and incremental development
• Qualified to relevant degree level (or equivalent commercial experience)
• Node.JS / Azure infrastructure (desirable)
The rewards: We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
• Salary: £36,000-£40,000
• Performance related bonus
• Competitive pension
• 37 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave - Plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
• A wide range of additional benefits including free parking, paid volunteer day, support with health and wellbeing, sports and social activities, discount on over 500 national stores and more
We're passionate about the four core values that make up our organisation: we're adventurous, incisive, restless and true.
• Adventurous: New technology and new markets mean that location data opens more opportunities than ever before
• Incisive: We find simple solutions to complex problems, always looking for clarity and imaginative connections
• Restless: We recognise our work for our customers is never done
• True: We give our customers precise and productive solutions to their location problems
Location: Based at Southampton
Closing date: 16 October 2019