Software Engineer – Front End
£35,000 - £47,000 plus benefits including pension, health and wellbeing services, season ticket loan, free bar Friday, holiday discounts and more!
Manchester, M1 (remote working initially then flexible upon return to work)
Key Technical Skills required: Front End, Software Engineer, DevOps, C#, Python, Agile, Ruby, Coding, UX, react, Storybook
Our client is the leading online retailer of beach holidays, a technology-focused company that have a real entrepreneurial spirit about them. They are passionate about what they do, and you will be surrounded by creative, passionate, and intelligent people who love to work on new ideas and be part of the successful business they are today.
They are ambitious and dedicated and the Front-End Software Engineer is going to be a key part of this continual development and improvement to be the best.
The successful candidate will be an advocate of Agile values and principles, you will be responsible for your own way of working and be able to collaborate with other engineers on shared work.
Looking at user experience and “putting yourself in their shoes” therefore thinking about the UX and continuous improvement.
- Improves documentation that is incorrect / incomplete.
- Write code with support, following guidance and training materials.
- Knows the testing pyramid.
- Understands the importance of security.
- Understands the basics of debugging and the tools used for it, fixing simple bugs.
Software Design & Architecture
- Understands a portion of the team's domain, can gain sufficient context to work productively in that portion.
- Actively avoids duplication and interface-breaking changes.
- Follows architectural guidelines, design principles & best practices.
- An awareness of hosting and infrastructure.
- Has a basic understanding of design patterns and uses when appropriate.
- Ability to communicate a technical viewpoint and reasoning behind a decision to a non-technical audience.
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.