Market-leading provider of remote solutions to monitor and control critical, national infrastructure throughout the world. Our connected technology is always there, always on.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to work within our Data Analytics Engineering Team.
- Completing assigned tasks and assisting other development colleagues in completing their tasks.
- Assisting Support and Sales colleagues to resolves issues quickly and efficiently.
- Working alone or in a team to create new application and features to the primary web platform.
- Assisting in managing, maintaining and developing cloud native solutions.
- Evaluating new and emerging technologies and reporting findings to colleagues and managers.
- Working closely with clients and other stake holders to generate value from software-based solutions.
- When required take part in learning exercises set by colleagues and management as part of continuous training and improvement processes.
- Assisting in the training of more junior colleagues and non-technical stake holders.
- Experience with ASP.NET in either .Net Core or .Net Framework versions, ideally both.
- A strong working knowledge GIT, with demonstrable experience of using GitHub or Bit Bucket.
- Able to write complex queries in TSQL, SQL.
- Have a strong understanding of both SQL and No-SQL databases. And can clearly demonstrate when to use SQL, No-SQL or both.
- Experience Using MSSQL or MongoDB, ideally both
- Experience working in an Agile environment with teams across the globe.
- Experience using a Cloud service provider: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure. Azure is preferred but experience with other cloud provides would be considered.
- Experience using a modern front-end development framework: Vue, Angular, React, etc. Vue is preferred.
- Experience of using both Windows and Unix operating systems for both local development and production deployments.
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience creating progressive web applications
- Ability to work in a team
- Desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Self motivated, with a desire for constant self-improvement and learning