Fanstone is recruiting on behalf of a well-established, Herefordshire based company for a Software Developer. They are one of Europe's leading online retailers with local market websites in the UK, Germany, France, Netherlands and Poland.
Our client has a new opportunity within the IT department for a Developer to work within their expanding development team. Main responsibilities will be for developing website, applications and supporting services ensuring a consistently high level of quality.
Working within a development scrum team you will be developing new code and maintaining existing code ensuring that standards and principles are followed.
You will be involved in the technical design of solutions and will pair program where appropriate in order to improve your capability.
To be considered, you will need:
- Commercial experience in the full SDLC developing web-based solutions (Inc. applications and supporting services)
- Experience in asynchronous processing, multi-threaded execution and scaling software
- Experience using TDD and BDD and developing with up to 100% unit test coverage
- An awareness of schemas for relational database or object stores and understands when to use each
- Some experience with mocked or stubbed services
- Very strong attention to detail
- Good knowledge of automation and the CI/CD process and consider operational requirements when developing solutions
- Knowledge of encryption within .NET and the ability to understand when and why we use it
If you are interested in this position, please do not hesitate to contact us.