Software Design Engineer – South Coast
Our Client is a growing engineering design company developing camera and imaging systems for commercial, scientific and defence markets. They have an excellent track record over many years and are now developing new hardware and software products while maintaining their current prestigious product line.
The main purpose of the Software Design Engineer role is to further develop and create new drivers and DLLs with C and C++ using 3rd party SDKs and develop a common library of Functions for image processing and manipulation. A GUI written in Python will also need to be maintained and updated together with a fully documented SDK to cover new additions to the product range and provide additional features for image processing, analysis, crystal orientation, computed tomography etc.
You will also be required to create applications for Client/Server control of other external motorised hardware devices as well as using macro languages for scripting and automation.
The successful candidate will also be providing customer software support for a world-wide customer base via phone/email and TeamViewer for present and new products.
The Ideal Software Design Engineer will have the following skills:
- Demonstrable Image software programming skills (essential)
- In-depth C and C++ coding experience
- Python experience (GUI creation and maintenance essential)
- Solid experience of creating DLLs in C
- Image acquisition from frame grabbers / GEV
- Image processing techniques
- Client/Server interface knowledge (Windows/Linux)
- Creating and updating SDKs for new products
- Flexible to changing working demands and practices
- Organised and self-reliant working within a small team
- Pro-active problem solving approach to tasks assigned
- Customer support experience
- Coding Labview and Matlab
- Using 3rd Party SDKs
- Linux OS
- Visual BASIC
- Code testing using real world hardware
Salary and Benefits
£30,000 - £45,000
- Generous Pension contribution
- Full Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service cover
- 25 days holiday + statutory holiday entitlement.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- On-site parking
St Leonards-on-sea, East Sussex
Software Design Engineer,, Software Engineer, C, C++, Python, Imaging, Imaging Software, Video, Video Software, GUI Software design, GUI Software maintenance, Image acquisition, Hardware interface, Windows, Linux, Labview, Matlab, Visual BASIC, Client/Server