Our client, our family run facilities management company are looking to recruit a Small Works Estimator to work within the Property Services Department at their Head Office in Wantage, Oxfordshire.
The ideal candidate will have experience of providing estimates for small works and building services and will be able to work within time constraints. Project values will range from £500 to £100,000.
- Management and responding to RFQs, Tenders and work requests covering a variety of Building and infrastructure in terms of maintenance and project work. From quoting for building services to refurbishment works; answer customer telephone/email enquiries, analyse specifications of work and tender returns, undertake site surveys, take measurements, calculate areas, interpret/create drawings.
- Management of costing for materials, plant and labour. Negotiate costs and agree projects terms with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Management of project pricing.
- Prepare written estimates, quotations and tender returns, ensuring client deadlines are met.
- Prepare written schedule of works.
- Arranging RAMs
- Arranging access for Engineers.
- Establishing PPM schedules relating to building services.
- Dealing with delivery of materials to site.
- Track project costs.
- Accompany Management and Business Development teams to pre-contract meetings as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of three year's estimating experience in commercial building and property services environment, with good understanding of a wide range of building fabric, services and management.
- HND (or higher) in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Proficient on MS Office including advanced Excel.
Personal Aptitude & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal English
- Highly numerate.
- Effective negotiator.
- Good team player.
- Uses initiative, can solve problems independently.
- Demonstrates good judgement in decision making.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail.
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant it isn't always possible. So, if you have not heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.