We are currently looking to recruit a facilitisite maintenance engineer for our site in Blackburn. This requires a combination of in-house and sub-contracted work all of which must be done to defined standards and in accordance with the QMS (Quality Management System), HSMS (Health & Safety Management System) and cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practice).we are offering a salary of £30,000/Annum.
Role of the site maintenance engineer:
Source appropriate sub-contractors for routine and one-off site maintenance activities. This will involve 60% of the role. Very much an office based role, good IT Skills, Knowledge facilities management, handling proposals and quotes, use to spreadsheets and procedures.
Establish activity schedules for inspections, servicing and preventative maintenance to be performed by approved contractors or by in-house resources.
Manage the issue and close-out of Permits to Work (where required) by checking the necessary qualifications, risk assessments, method statements and safe systems of work of contractors or in-house resources.
Maintain and control the fixed asset and equipment inventory list by issuing new plant numbers as required and keep this system up to date.
Check and calibrate instruments within required due dates to make sure they are accurate and update the calibration register.
Arrange cleanroom validations and any necessary repair works to ensure they continue to perform to the correct ISO classification. Keep production manager informed of progress of repairs.
Respond immediately to equipment/machinery breakdowns, fixing faults or arranging for expert assistance where required or for replacements to be installed.
Complete scheduled TPM activities.
Provide assistance with the installation, commissioning and validation (if required) of new equipment and technology into the business.
Involvement in or management of projects to improve the performance of machinery or site facilities
Ensure compliance with PUWER, LOLER, Pressure, PPE, and H&S legislation for all activities for which responsible and ensure that applicable equipment is inspected and insured for use.
Perform any additional tasks as required by the job role from time to time.
To be considered for this position the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience are required:
Qualifications & Experience
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in maintenance or a mechanical role.
- Previous experience of working in a regulated industry such as medical devices (ISO 13485).
- Good skills in written and spoken English to enable communication with colleagues and to understand written documentation.
- Good mechanical aptitude with an ability to learn quickly.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability to self-manage workload, remain calm under pressure and make reasoned judgements on behalf of the company.
- Ability to work at heights.
- 10+ years of industry experience in maintenance or a mechanical role.
- Previous experience of facility validation activities.
- Electrical qualification to inspect electrical wirings and diagrams.
- Previous experience in working with gas, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Previous experience in working with injection moulding machines, extruders, and packaging machines.
Employer Pension Contribution: Above the rates established by law (total contribution of 8% instead of 5%).
Annual Leave plus additional day of annual leave for each completed year of service development opportunities and training
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): A free and confidential service to all employees designed to help, prevent or resolve personal, family and workplace problems affecting that employee's well-being and job performance. The service can also be used by their immediate family (+16 ).
Annual bonus payment based on profit sharing & performance