The highlights of working for our client, based in Redhill, are that they are very well known; in fact, they are one of the largest financial groups in the world! Reporting to the Head of New Business, this strategic role is responsible for leading a team of Underwriters and also overseeing the Dealer Contact Centre in order to deliver exceptional customer service, seeking to maximise positive customer experience, business performance and productivity.south central
The Underwriting and Dealer Contact Centre Manager will be to expected to lead, develop and continually progress the teams whilst recommending and prioritising plans to deliver annual objectives, to seek improvements in customer experience and engage with key stakeholders to deliver on those changes.
Duties will include:
- Act to develop customer relationships and seeks to exceed customer’s expectations
- Lead others to actively manage new business opportunities, improve service quality and exceed customer expectations
- Proactively develop, build and maintain effective and flexible working relationships at all levels in order to ensure the effective operation of the New Business function.
- Direct and manage the dealer contact centre and underwriting teams to deliver high quality performance of individuals which achieves the business plan and promotes customer centric values.
- Positively communicate day-to-day operational messages
- Support the delivery of results with process & service in terms of timing, cost and quality
- Proactively seek to improve the level of service standards provided. Set measures and put in place actions to achieve agreed service standards for service delivery improvement.
- Manage project planning and implementation into the New Business function.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the quality of processes and service and encourage ideas from others to be shared across teams.
- Coach managers in managing change.
- To be aware of externally driven change, identifies implications for the function and initiate action.
- Engage with and escalate any identified risks in relation to risk policies and/or legislative and regulatory guidelines
Interested? Do you have the skills and experiences required to fulfil this role…
As the Contact Centre Manager you will have the ability to lead large multi-functional teams and achieving results through people. You will have a high-level underwriting mandate and the ability to interpret and evaluate information and make authoritative decisions and recommendations within this subject area.
Further experience required as follows:
- The ability to manage high value budgets with a proven track record of successful budgetary oversight and control.
- Experience of the regulatory environment associated with consumer credit activities.
- Involvement in the development procedures and standards of the department and the business over a short term horizon.
- Experience of effectively managing local business controls adhering to business frameworks.
- Able to manage multiple, conflicting interests and deadlines.
- Must be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in order to reach mutually beneficial business outcomes.
- Demonstrates a customer centric approach representing the business with internal and external customers.
Here is some more information…
The New Business department operates between the hours of 9am and 7pm on a variety of different shift patterns from Monday through to Sunday.
Competitive salary up to £50,000 DOE
Benefits that include:
- 30 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Pension contribution
- Corporate rates for private medical insurance and other insurance products
- Life assurance
- Employee assistant programme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Sharesave scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounts on high street brands
- Local retail discounts
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: Sales, Support, Admin, Compliance, Financial Services, FCA, Regulations, Technical, AML, CTF, Portfolio, New Business, underwriting, contact centre, manager, Head of Contact Centre, Operations manager, lead, manager, coaching, direct lead, Head, management, underwriting mandate.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.