Long established family second generation business specialising in laboratory equipment are keen to secure an experienced Senior Technical Sales Representative to cover NW England and will ideally live within the region of Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Sheffield. You will be joining a successful and well thought of business who offer customers a personalised approach and exceptional technical expertise.
The purpose of the role:
To develop and cultivate meaningful relationships with existing and prospective customers within Biotech, Universities and Hospitals across the NW of England to increase sales, and ensuring maximum profit margins are achieved by selling consumables, equipment and reagents.
As the Senior Technical Sales Representative, your main responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining and developing business with existing and potential customers to achieve sales objectives
- Developing sales strategies and initiating a structured contact programme
- Continually monitoring market conditions, customer requirements, new product developments
- Reporting all customer enquiries, quotations, literature and samples to the sales office
- Working as part of and contributing to the sales and marketing team to optimise the performance of the sales and marketing team.
- Being the eyes and ears of the company, reporting sales and marketing information to the team
- When required, arrange promotional activity (sponsored events, mini- exhibitions) at customer sites.
Key skills required for the Senior Technical Sales Representative
- Proven sales ability in a technical/scientific market
- A consultative approach with strong communication and relationship building skills
- Able to influence across all levels of the organisation
- Tenacity and a strong desire to make a difference
- Life Sciences Degree
- Lab experience
- Working in the Bio-tech industry