One of our Clients is an expanding IT support business and they're looking for a Senior Technical Consultant to work in the Technical Services Team, delivering infrastructure support services for its growing customer base and portfolio of infrastructure services.
The position is a mix between technical consultancy and infrastructure support disciplines and will be based primarily at the HC head office and from time to time our client’s datacentres and end user sites in the South.
The role has three other main areas of responsibility – consultancy / project management, Customer infrastructure support and Internal Infrastructure IT support.
Customer Infrastructure/Datacentre support
Such as Hosting services, SAN, LAN, WAN & N3 Network support, VPN solutions, Desktop VDI, monitoring services, Scheduled maintenance.
Managing remote management solutions, ZENworks, N-Central, Fujitsu server view, MS System centre.
Internal Infrastructure IT support
To provide support and manage the company’s internal IT infrastructure to ensure services are available during working hours.
Services include: Office 365, Managed VDI, Hosted Telephony, N3 network connectivity, N-Central NOC
To be considered you must possess all of the folowing skills/knowledge:
- Evidence of supporting and implementing at least one major vendor client management system; e.g. ZENworks/SCCM/LANdesk
- Knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services beyond just basic administration. GPO administration, Replication troubleshooting, Domain controller installation, and certificate services, and Directory Services design.
- Able to provide evidence of backup and disaster recovery planning, testing and implementation.
- Able to support field based colleagues in supporting and troubleshooting virtualised server deployments, particularly Hyper-V.
- Strong networking skills, and understanding of vendor products from HP, Cisco, and Dell SonicWALL. Experience of implementing at least one of these vendors’ firewalls in a customer environment
Ideally, you will also have the following skills/knowledge:
- Novell ZENworks Configuration Management experience.
- Formal vendor certification from Microsoft e.g. MCP/MCSA.
- Experience of working with Attix5.
- Previous NHS IT role/awareness of Information Governance procedures with respect to information technology.
- Dell SonicWALL GMS experience.
- VDI administration experience.
If anyone has any suitable candidates, please email me at email@example.com