Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
Do you have skills in software engineering? We’re looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Engineering department, to develop the next generation cloud-based systems. You’ll drive our world-leading geospatial and business capabilities to significant B2B and B2G customers.
You will have the opportunity to work with stakeholders, Project Managers and Delivery Managers to help shape the project delivery and the team. You will look to continuously improve the engineering capability in all aspects of the engineering lifecycle through coaching and mentoring. We will encourage you to identify opportunities to maximise development benefit within your team and to support and improve systems that you have developed.
There may be the opportunity to provide 3rd Line level support for existing Live systems. Therefore, the abilities to learn quickly and think creatively is essential.
What we’re looking for:
If you’re interested in being part of the team, we’re looking for an individual that can demonstrate:
• Expert knowledge and skills in software engineering
• Industry best practice - TDD, BDD and automated testing
• Demonstrable ability to lead, coach and mentor engineering teams
• Excellent track record in influencing key business & technical stakeholders
• Very good track record in development of technical strategies
• Proven track record in implementing new engineering techniques within development teams
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
• Salary – Up to £43,000
• Performance related bonus
• Competitive pension
• 37 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave - Plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
• A wide range of additional benefits including free parking, sport and social activities