A small, friendly electronic equipment company, operating since 1992, our client designs and manufactures test equipment, 90% of which our client exports to multi-national customers. Our clients are going places and want an enthusiastic team player to lead the software development for our next generation of products.
YOUR ROLE AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
You will be reporting directly to the MD, you will be responsible both for new projects and bringing existing models up to date from their current, mainly windows based system to embrace other platforms and solutions such as Android, cloud technology, mobile applications, touchscreen and embedded platforms, creating our own truly unique range of IOT devices.
You will be passionate about software development and electronics in general, probably looking for your first move towards management, and keen both to make a difference and be recognised for your talent. Benefits will include great job satisfaction and the opportunity to travel the world visiting customers, together with a good salary, private healthcare and pension. The future is what you can make it, and you will be supported and mentored as you grow with the role.
As our client's products are generally a mixture of software and hardware, you will also have the opportunity to assist hardware engineers in the deployment of turnkey solutions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- In depth knowledge of Windows multi-threaded application development.
- Proficient in languages such as C#, C, C++ and Java.
- Proficient in all aspects of Object Orientated programming.
- Experienced in the development of Windows-based applications.
- Experienced with databases technologies such SQL and SQLite
- Experience of the Android operating system.
- Self-motivated, adaptable and able to learn quickly
- At least 5 years' experience of delivering high-quality software solutions.
- Experience of Embedded Programming in C/C++.
- Experience in real time hardware control (Advantageous but not essential).
REWARDS TO YOU WOULD INCLUDE
- Greater job satisfaction by seeing products evolve from conception to obsolescence.
- Private Health Care
- Foreign travel