Job Title: Senior Service Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Industry Sector: Engineering
Benefits: overtime, company van, pension, healthcare, profit share
The role in brief:
- Overseeing and organising the day to day running of the workshop and workloads.
- Using forward planning to ensure the optimum availability of machines ready for hire, ensuring machines are serviced, LOLER inspected, PDI’d and repaired to schedule
- Hands-on preventative maintenance and inspection of machines
- Offering help and guidance to others to ensure that they complete tasks effectively and efficiently
The ideal candidate:
- Experience of Truck and Track Mounted Booms would be of benefit
- You will ideally hold a CAP (Competent Assessed Person) licence for inspecting powered access equipment.
- You must hold an engineering qualification – minimum NVQ level 2 or equivalent.
- You should have a sound mechanical knowledge in a heavy plant LOLER background, i.e. powered access or forklifts.
- A knowledge of vehicle servicing and repairs
- Be competent in electro/hydraulic systems.
- You will be experienced in fault finding / diagnostics.
- You will be working closely with customers and colleagues, so you must be able to communicate professionally.
- You must be able to prioritise tasks in an ever changing demanding hire environment
- Have good organisational skills
- Full training will be provided for the right candidate
An excellent benefits package:
- 23 days holidays per year rising to 25, plus statutory holidays.
- Inclusion in a monthly profit share scheme.
- An auto-enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions.
- Death-in-Service benefit of 2 x salary.
- Paid Overtime.
- Company Van.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- In addition, we have invested in an excellent induction programme, and staff training (we currently hold a Gold Investors in People award).