We are looking for a motivated, strategically minded and execution focused Senior Ruby on Rails Developers to work with our Core Services Team. Reporting to Technical Lead and Product Director, you will be part of a small collaborative product team based in our Central London Office.
- You will have an excellent working knowledge of Rails Framework and its best practices.
- You are able to successfully use Ruby outside of Rails.
- Familiar with most popular RubyGems and Bundler.
- Proficient with TDD and BBD
- Solid knowledge of databases, SQL and query optimization.
- Experience designing RESTful API’s
- Proficient with Git and Git flow
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 4-5 Ruby/Rails experience
- Proven Experience of working in teams in the successful delivery of complex, highly performing and high quality products.
- Experience of Agile practices
- Experience of working with business stakeholders, product owners and business analysts to analyse requirements, develop ideas and design solutions
- Knowledge of front end technologies (e.g. Coffeescript, Angular JS ,React JS)
- Knowledge of AWS
- Experience with Chef
- Experience with microservices
- Inversion of control /dependency injection
- Distributed message system design/development
- Exposure to other languages and platforms (e.g android iOS, C++)