Job Title: Senior RF System Engineer
Sector: IT/Electronic Engineering
Salary: £50,000 - £80,000 p.a depending on experience
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Contract: Full Time – Permanent
***A relocation package will be considered for eligible candidates***
Verus Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a Global Technology Engineering business based in Sheffield (UK). We are supporting the Recruitment of a Senior RF System Engineer as my client continues through a continual period of growth.
As the businesses Senior RF System Engineer, you will be responsible for driving all aspects of product design, product optimisation, implementation and testing.
You will be tasked with the development and integration of RF and Antenna systems into products, including:
- Designing point-to-point and point to multi point wireless links.
- Define requirements, perform functional decomposition, develop system architecture designs and verify requirements for RF subsystems including components.
- Analyse and simulate RF system performance.
- Characterize Tx / Rx performance of the full system, including components such as dual band FEMs, LNAs & Pas.
- Provide support to compliance labs for regulatory certifications (FCC/MIC/IC/ETSI)
- Provide design documentation, write technical reports, and make technical presentations.
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science. (My client will also consider candidates with the relevant work experience).
- Previous experience as a system Engineer.
- Experience in wireless systems (PHY, MAC, RF, Antennas).
- Experience with modelling & experimental characterisation of wireless link scenarios.
- Experience in developing high frequency systems/5GHz, modems, WiFi, FPGA, MIMO.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What would make you stand out:
- Experienced in development of Wireless CPE (Customer-premises equipment).
- Developed Wi-Fi P2MP systems.
- Experience in areas of 3G/LTE/5G/WiMAX/Wireless.
- Knowledge of board design, FPGA, multi-core network processors, mechanical design, HW verification, antennas.
What is in it for you?
- A fantastic package with a Salary of £50,000 - £80,000 dependant on your experience.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Working for a fantastic business with a global reach.
For more information please contact our Sheffield Team on 01143 830 046.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
***Covid-19: We are following local government advice and taking every precaution to ensure that the health and safety of our clients, candidates and our own people are paramount. ***
Keywords: RF, Radio Frequency, Senior RF Engineer, RF Engineer, EVM, IP2, IP3, NF, FEM, LNA, FCC, MIC, IC, ETSI, WIFI, FPGA, MIMO, 3G, LTE, 4G, 5G, WiMAX, Wireless, Antenna Systems.