- Preparing or editing purchase orders from various departments.
2) Checking if there is enough stock in the inventory to meet requirements.
3) Placing orders with suppliers or vendors and ensuring that documentation is in order, with terms and conditions being clear.
4) Maintaining a filing system in the purchase department and updating appropriate records when required.
5) A good Purchasing Clerk will look for ways to reduce costs to the company, such as evaluating costs of purchasing from various suppliers to arrive at the best deal.
6) Approving payment of bills – As required
7) Inspecting consignments to verify if they are in order and as per agreed terms.
8) Interacting with suppliers in case of delay in delivery of supplies, receipt of damaged or incorrect quantity of goods.
9) knowledge of accounting and mathematics.
10) Good communication skills to deal with people internal to the company, as well as with suppliers, shipping agents, courier companies.