Established for over 15 years, our client is a small dynamic charity with both international and national reach, overseeing thousands of members of the community. They are looking for Senior Policy and Campaigns Officer to join their passionate team who are continuously striving to improve the lives of those living with condition and their families. This is a unique and pivotal opportunity, to make a big difference to a small, but dedicated team.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be a crucial member of the team and to the business, to ensure the charity is responsive and effective in its day to day delivery of national and local campaigns, ultimately heading towards, as many different types of treatments as possible, whilst improving the lives of those living with the condition.
There are two main areas to the role:
The main purpose of this role is to shape and deliver the charities access to medicines and campaigns strategy; targeted at Government and NHS and treatment access policy makers. You will need to confidently lead the way and build on the charity’s proven track record in this area.
In addition you will be required to build strong partnerships with the community and other stakeholders to maximise the use of our shared knowledge and to benefit the community
The Senior Policy and Campaigns Officer will seek to influence policy by identifying factors that must be changed and bring about change by influencing policymakers and key decision makers in the access of potential treatments and also the NHS environment.
The ideal candidate:
The Senior Policy and Campaigns officer will:
- Have previous experience of being involved in campaigns and policy work within the charitable environment
- Have a good knowledge of the NHS and healthcare environment and structures of the equivalent devolved health bodiesInput into complex policy documents and consultations, that influence policy change of the community
- Represent the Charity in key external meetings
- Be independent and drive activities and events forward, adding value to the organisationHave a strong partnership ethos, alongside the resilience and maturity to develop and nurture relationships with supporters
- Be hard working, self-motivating and able to effectively convey complex messages in innovative and simple ways
- Have an enthusiastic, adaptive and flexible approach
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt quickly to a changing landscape
- Enjoy analysis as well as multitasking
As the Senior Policy and Campaigns officer you will receive a competitive salary of up to £30K and have the opportunity to continually learn, progress and be involved in all aspects of the charity’s activity. Working directly with the CEO, you will gain good exposure to the senior management team and also achieve professional scope to develop the role in the future.
Ultimately, you will be pivotal in changing and improving the lives of those living with the condition and their families who are the driving force behind the charity’s efforts.