The Practice works in partnership with St. James’s Place Wealth Management plc (SJP),
This unique opportunity not only offers the advanced network and support from FTSE 100 company and brand, but also the rewards of working within a family fun rapidly expanding business that strives to deliver an outstanding experience for not only clients but also its employees and team.
The Paraplanning Team are responsible for the preparation and submission of all client suitability reports and calculations, based upon information received from our Wealth Management Consultants (Handover meetings, Meeting Notes, Factfinds, Risk Profiles etc). They are relied upon for technical guidance by all aspects of the company, and work closely with the SJP Compliance Department to ensure that clients receive financial advice which meets the guidelines set by the Regulator and the Company.
This opportunity will be well suited to a highly experienced Paraplanner with a solid background in financial services and strong technical knowledge in the Financial Planning sector. As a senior Paraplanner, you will be very much hands on in role dealing with adviser client cases, but also required to support the in the development of the paraplanning team. This will include delegating work, assisting less experience paraplanners with more technical cases and coaching junior members of staff. As a minimum you will be level 4 qualified or working towards achieving this. Previous management experience would also be considered a positive attribute for this role.
Knowledge and experience
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced with the preparation of suitability reports, IHT, investment bond calculations, defined benefit pensions, pension drawdown, TVAS reports, and cash flow modelling.
- A strong level of financial services technical and industry knowledge
- Strong coaching skills and the ability to deliver one to one training
- To have achieved Level 6 Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning, or working towards this
- Effective communication skills both verbally and written in a manner appropriate to the intended audience
- Must be organised and able to work under own initiative
- Accessible, approachable and have a positive attitude
- Effectively work within a team
- Commitment to continual service development and improvement
What we can offer:
- An interesting and challenging role with strong potential for personal and career growth as the company continues to grow and our service proposition develops
- Newly refurbished and fully equipped offices based in Wallingford, just outside Oxfordshire
- An opportunity to work with collaborative colleagues in a positive and innovative environment
- A key opportunity to be part of a growing business and to be involved in key decision making to support our collective growth
- Competitive remuneration - dependent on skills and experience, plus bonus and incentives