Senior Network Engineer – Network Operations Team
This role has a broad reach so you must be flexible and willing to take on any task. We maintain two data centres, support a small number of remote offices and are significantly growing our presence in Microsoft Azure. Our dominant technologies are Cisco routing and switching, a Meraki wireless network, Check Point firewalls and remote services that are delivered through Pulse Secure. Load balancing, also within the Networks team remit is enabled by a F5 BigIP solution.
To maintain these the Network Operations team are responsible for the design, installation, configuration, administration and support of the hardware and software platforms that provide voice, data, network security and cloud services.
Working with Infrastructure Architects you will develop and implement forward roadmaps for the systems within your remit and in the next year we have the exciting opportunity to redesign the core network at our HQ.
In addition to excellent technical skills you will take ownership of issues and have the drive to deliver results to the highest standard. We strive to improve the quality of what we do, and you will be expected to identify improvements to services, infrastructure or processes to enhance our offering. As a Senior Engineer, you will mentor and develop the team’s Technicians to realise their potential.
You should share our love of technology and be able to provide technical support within the following areas:
Checkpoint firewalls, Cisco networks, F5 load balancers, CUCM, UCCX
Skills in the following would be highly advantageous:
Azure Cloud, Juniper SSL VPN, RSA Authentication, SolarWinds, Pulse Secure, Cisco ISE and Cisco Meraki
What we’re looking for:
Want to be part of our team? We’re looking for an individual that can demonstrate technical skills across network technologies at senior level.
You should have hands on experience in:
• Designing, building, supporting and troubleshooting Cisco networks and Checkpoint firewalls
• Providing support on F5 BigIP Load Balancers and Cisco Voice
• Qualified to CCNP level
• Prioritising tasks, delivering to deadlines and problem-solving skills
• Conducting coding, scripting, automation/software defined networking (desirable)
• Must be willing to do occasional weekend and evening overtime and be prepared to join a 24/7 on-call rota (approximately 1 week in 4) if requested to
• Hold a full driving license, as the role may involve occasional travel
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
• Salary – Up to £45,000
• Performance related bonus
• Competitive pension
• 37 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave - Plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
• A wide range of additional benefits including free parking, paid volunteer day, sports and social activities
Location: Based at our Headquarters in Southampton
Closing date: Sunday 18th August 2019