Our client is a successful and growing technology company powering online financial advice for the UK Financial Services industry. They also own the UK’s first online Independent Financial Adviser. They are building and hosting web applications that deliver automated personal financial advice through innovative online tools and sophisticated decision scoring that are unique to our clients.
Our client requires a Senior Linux Sysadmin / DevOps Engineer to be responsible for all things Linux. You will be working with our internal developers and external cloud provider (Rackspace) to deliver secure and resilient production infrastructure, as well as the associated development and test environments.
• Build robust, secure and scalable Linux environments, taking full advantage of the services and support of Rackspace UK.
• Work with the internal development team to facilitate and automate software deployment processes.
• Work with Rackspace DevOps Engineers to automate server builds across development, test and production environments.
• Establish best-practice security standards and procedures.
• Establish a change management process covering infrastructure and code releases.
• Establish and maintain a Business Continuity Plan for the technical infrastructure.
• Manage external security audits by customers and compliance organisations.
• Report directly to the CTO.
• The role will include some ‘on call’ responsibilities (the majority being outsourced to Rackspace).
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent Linux Sysadmin, in particular CentOS and Apache in a Cloud Server environment.
• Experience of system hardening, preferably to an industry recognised standard, i.e. SANS, NIST or CIS.
• Secure networking including stateful firewalls (e.g. Cisco ASA), VPN and 2-factor authentication.
• Experience of build automation and continuous integration, ideally using Chef and Jenkins/Git and/or the Atlassian product suite.
• Ideally experience of some or all of the following: MongoDB, Cloud Backup, Cloud Queues, Logstash, Memcached, New Relic, Encryption/PKI.
• Ideally experience working in a PCI DSS or ISO27001 approved organisation.
• Self-directed, with a desire to engage and consult with all stakeholders.
• Skilled at managing third party providers.
• Passionate about setting and achieving security and service level objectives whilst at the same time providing developers with an environment to facilitate rapid agile development.
• Ability to assess and describe risk factors and evaluate solutions with senior executives.
• Meticulous organisation skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Team player.
• Enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Excellent references and total trustworthiness essential.