- You will be a valued and important member of successful Kanban team, equally responsible for the quality of the software that's produced.
- You will be actively supporting the team to translate the User Stories into code.
- You will be accountable for ensuring that your tasks are owned and visible throughout the development lifecycle where your high-quality deliverables are integrated with the other artifacts in the team.
- You are expected to educate the team on new technologies, automated testing and documentation and feel proud about the team achievements.
About your responsibilities
- Work in an agile, cross functional team taking responsibility for the team deliverables and quality.
- Heavily contribute to the code base (This is a 100% hands-on code design and coding role)
- Work closely with other software engineering teams and business stakeholders to develop our internal and external web applications
- Promote good software engineering practices (e.g. test-driven development, performance in design, self-healing solutions)
- Maintain and improve development methodologies and best practice.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in related technology arenas that could impact current projects and influence new projects.
Required Skills and experience
- Experience of Java development tools (JDK) and technologies.
- Must have in-depth knowledge on core JAVA including new feature like LAMBDA, Concurrencies, String manipulations, Collections, Network etc.
- Experience of developing highly performant, multi-threaded algorithms and memory profiling will be an additive advantage.
- Experience in software engineering technologies such as Java, Spring, grpc, MySQL
- Experience in enterprise applications/tools like Redis, Messaging Queue, AWS services
- Strong development exposure – full knowledge and experience of development life cycle
- Must be driven and focused on problem identification and resolution
- Experience of using code management tools - ideally Git, SVN
- Experience of using TDD and/or automation tools JUnit, DBUnit and other automated test frameworks
- You must be a highly creative, enthusiastic, conscientious, a detail-oriented self-starter
- Have an excellent understanding of continuous integration/delivery and test automation
- Have proven experience of working with Agile concepts and methodologies
- Have proven experience of working in teams in the successful delivery of complex, highly performing and high-quality software systems.
- Be proactive and self-sufficient individual capable of taking ownership of entire environments and any issues with them
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to ‘take the initiative’ and to strive to improve
- Ability to plan and manage commitments
- Experience of interactive web tools (UI) development – REACT and or REDUX would be an advantage.
- Good software management skills, archiving, installing and configuring commercial and open source tools.
- Network programming with TCP, UDP, IP, SSL, Certificates
- You have a University degree within Computer Science or Software Engineering and experience of Java software development.
- Ideally vocational qualifications or proven experience in Software Development and Testing
Note: The commision is £6500. This will be split 50/50. The salary can be stretched little bit for extraordinary candidates.