Senior Estimator - Passive Fire Protection / Social Housing
Up to £75K + Benefits (Car Allowance or Car + Bonus)
Home and Office Based
Tier One Main Contractor
We are looking for a Senior Estimator with experience of pricing winning Passive Fire Protection tenders including FRA (Fire Risk Assessment Works - Fire Doors & Fire Stopping) for end user clients: Housing associations, local councils and RSL’s, both domestic and public buildings.
This is a very niche role and the candidate must have experience of pricing Fire Doors / Fire Inpection contracts as a Tier One Main Contractor, with knowlege of price build ups using schedule of rates including knowlege of prelim costs.
- Undertake the preparation of tenders/bids/budget proposals allocated by the Tendering Manager / Estimating Director for presentation to the relevant directors for final settlement.
- Provide all information necessary for inclusion within the written bid submission.
- Liaise with subcontractors/suppliers to obtain competitive/accurate quotations for specialist elements of the works.
- Visit prospective projects to verify information contained within clients contract documentation and obtain any further information required to produce the tender.
- Liaise with the Programme Manager to ensure all necessary information is provided for the production of the final tender programme.
- Attend pre-contract handover meetings, all necessary bid meetings and client meetings as requested throughout the tender process.
- You will have a proven track record of producing the commercial pricing for £multi million bid submissions working within Passive Fire Protection including Fire Risk Assessment projects.
- Understanding of various forms of Procurement Process – including framework bids.
- Knowledge of system estimating software
- Highlighting tender risk & opportunities – Practical, Commercial & Contractual
- Preparation of notes and clarifications for tender submissions
- Demonstrate ability in the pricing of tender Preliminaries
- Ability to resource the tender through in-depth experience of Supply Chain capacity
- Stable career history