Our client is seeing to employ a Principle Engineering Geologist for their business based in Leeds. Our client is a sector specialist in geotechnical projects in the UK and are well respected in the industry.
- To manage day to day operational control of multiple contracts of all sizes, focusing on safety, quality, productivity, cost control, performance to programme and customer service.
- To maintain commercial awareness ensuring the Company is not exposed financially and to achievement of full margins from operational activities.
- To manage contracts such that they perform in line with budget and to maintain a motivated, effective and safety conscious workforce.
- To ensure good client relations and that clients requirements are met, to maximise opportunity for repeat business.
- Support and mentor junior and senior level engineers.
- Assist Contracts and Operational Management in allocating rigs and labour to contracts and ensuring efficient use of resources.
- Meeting clients/clients representatives (e.g. project manager/CDM co-ordinator) at pre-contract stage where required by attending pre-contract meetings.
- Communicating contract/clients requirements to subordinate engineers and site teams. (including allocation of individual contract roles and responsibilities).
- On-site and remote supervision and management of multiple contract works ensuring the works are carried out correctly, efficiently (on programme), safely and in accordance with the contract specification (including technical guidance) and Company quality procedures.
- Produce/Approve safety documentation (including CDM Safety Plan) where required, method statements and quality plans as required.
- Provide assistance to site management team, in liaison with safety, quality, commercial and estimating departments.
- Procurement of plant & equipment for contracts.
- Ensuring plant and equipment is suitable, efficiently utilised, on & off hired promptly and not abused.
- Procurement/Appointment & control of Subcontractors including ensuring required safety and work standard is attained.
- Assist with training junior staff on and offsite.
- Review and sign off sub-contractor payment certificates.
- Direct, where required, borehole location and sampling, specifying and interpreting in-situ testing, preparation and review of laboratory test schedules, control of samples, preparation (where required) and checking of contract technical output (borehole logs & test results).
- Direct, where required, drilling & grouting contracts (including specialist grouting techniques), establishment of grid/borehole locations, execution of grouting works, grout production, quality control, sampling, preparation and review of laboratory test schedules, preparation (where required) and checking of correct technical output (drilling & grouting records).
- Quality checking logs and factual reports generated by others prior to issue to the client.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Civil Engineering / Geology related Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Significant experience within the geotechnical industry with solid understanding of ground conditions, Drilling and Site Investigation works.
- Good understanding of geotechnical processes and contract management.
- Excellent understanding of written English and good standard of letter writing.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft office, database maintenance and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to liaise with clients and members of the regional team.
- Commercial knowledge and experience / level of contractual awareness.
- Good customer-service focus and a professional approach.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Physical Working Environment:
Based out of one of our clients Regional Office in Leeds, the role involves frequent travel throughout the UK, visiting sites, including periods of site based work where required.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to suit this position please send your CV and covering letter to David Stevens – firstname.lastname@example.org