Senior Design Engineer
North West (relocation welcome)
To £45,000 plus benefits
Global component manufacturer
To develop new products and components
- To design controls and appliances
- Analyse failed parts and provide solutions to improve robustness where required
- To review and manage qualification activities for both components and appliances
- Developing new products in accordance with project timelines
- Improving products and implementing changes to them with responsibility for ECN.
- Providing technical support to production.
- Defective product analysis and root cause investigation.
- Running design reviews and evaluation of integrity/robustness of design concepts.
- Compilation of qualification test matrices & management of the testing.
- Design of robust plastic mouldings and metal pressings for high volume manufacture at lowest cost.
Evaluation of control and appliance/ID to ensure good performance, safety, function and all aspects can meet the external approvals, and customers’ expectations.
- B.Eng / B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years in new product development within a high volume manufacturing Industry
- 2+ years experience in working in a multi-function team across multiple-sites.
- Knowledge of mechanical & electrical design is essential; electronics design is a benefit
- Understanding of testing techniques, test equipment, procedures & documentation to validate product reliability
- Thorough understanding of part / process capability and impact on function and production of mechanical components
- Demonstrable ability to innovate and provide creative input to new products.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrable ability in the use Solidworks to design appliances & controls
- The ability work independently and take design responsibility on a new product from concept through to production.
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyse problems and implement changes to improve products.
- The ability to clearly document design
Ability to participate in design reviews (peer reviews) on engineering proposals, and interpret design requirements