Our client is the leading Data Specialist in the UK. They are now recruiting for a Senior Data Architect. Please read their advert below:
Data is our business. Recognising this, we established the Data Office in early 2018 – led by our Chief Data Officer – to sit at the nexus of our transformation towards a truly agile and data-centric organization.
In this role, you will join our expanding Information Architecture team responsible for the definition of data architectures, data models, options and solutions to meet business objectives, and accountable for ensuring that the design and development of those solutions and capabilities are efficient, sustainable and fit-for-purpose for OS’ future business needs – a future based on scaling-up to handle vast amounts of spatial data.
Working with stakeholders from across the organisation, you will collaborate closely with a number of delivery teams in both the definition and realisation of architectural solutions. In your work you will benefit from collaboration with the brightest minds in OS, some of the best experts in the field.
The horizon is broad; you can work on research projects or product innovation, local, national or international programmes. This role puts you right at the heart of what OS is about – a world-leading mapping agency and big-data digital business with unparalleled expertise in the creation, management and exploitation of geospatial data, providing our customers with the information and insight they need.
You will be a natural problem solver, a collaborator who relishes the opportunity to apply technology and data architecture to the delivery of business-focussed solutions. You will have knowledge of data management, big-data technologies, database design or information modelling theories, data standards and hold a Degree or equivalent. Ideally you will also have a strong background in the application of Geospatial technologies at an enterprise level, and in the delivery of customer-facing public cloud-based solutions and architectures.
You will also be somebody who is unafraid to learn and apply your skills and experience to business situations, but also somebody who is able to take a long-term view, see the bigger picture, and able to balance risk and opportunity. So, whether you’re building strong relationships with stakeholders or making sure that big data solutions are aligned to enterprise strategy and technical direction, you’ll be working to deliver real and demonstrable value to the business.
To be the successful candidate you must demonstrate your track record against the following essential criteria and competencies in your application:
• Considerable experience in the definition and implementation of Data Architectures at a conceptual, logical and physical level.
• Hands-on experience of contemporary data technologies, e.g. SQL, XML, JSON, NoSQL, RDF
• Experience of data modelling environments, e.g. Sparx, XML Spy
• Experience and in-depth knowledge of delivering digital services using public cloud platforms and big data tech
• Proven track record of collaborating with development teams in an agile environment
• Collaborating with key business and technical stakeholders
• Very good knowledge of industry best practices for data architecture, software development processes and lifecycles
• Experience of defining and delivering enterprise-level Geospatial and Data Management solutions would also be advantageous
• Certification in TOGAF, DAMA, UML, OGC or equivalent frameworks
• Experience of working with international clients would also be advantageous.
This role will report into a Principal Data Architect within the Information Architecture team, which forms a section within the overall Data Office, as headed up by our Chief Data Officer. The role may require line-managing one or two Data Architects.