My client is a global exhibition and events organisation who are seeking an experienced Artworker to join their Graphics Design team from their offices in Excel, London.
Supporting the Head of Design you will be responsible for taking creative ideas and concepts through to the creation and production of artwork across a variety of exhibition and event projects. You will need to work on a wide variety of projects whilst maintaining an exceptional standard of work.
With a great focus of responsibility on producing large format exhibition and events graphics, you'll support the Design Team and liaise closely with the entire Graphics Team, including specialist Graphics Project Managers, Production Team and Fitters. You'll work on a mix of marketing collateral for events and exhibitions crafting perfect layouts that are technically correct across a variety of media, whilst adhering to brand guidelines and tight deadlines. As the final stage of the print production process, you'll be consistently showcasing your exceptional, technical based creative artworking abilities.
- Take initial face to face briefings from project managers/ event managers and clients directly.
- Design and deliver concepts and visuals within time frame allocated, with clear understanding of production method.
- Ensure all deadlines are met for proofing, design concepts and sign off process.
- Ensure all schedules are kept up to date and accessible on server.
- Keep strong communication with Graphics PM’s and production department, to keep updated with deadline/schedule changes.
- Ensure all design files follow specific guidelines for production on different types of printer/cutter.
- Ensure all schedule information is correctly entered onto the data slug and printed visuals passed through to production dept.
- Keep all files backed up in correct format and archived in line with the procedures in the dept.
- Make sure all design hours are allocated to correct projects and job numbers.
- Be fully aware of the FTP procedures for incoming and outgoing data.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, corporate, client and legislative standards across the function
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent (A-C grade).
- Industry experience either in house or agency side with an excellent portfolio of live work demonstrating your skills
- Experience working within a similar role/at a similar level
- Previous Graphics Design experience.
- Experience working on large format graphics for exhibition, event and retail environments.
- Experience of 3D Cardboard engineering and P.O.S. design
- A highly creative artworker & designer with demonstrable creative flair
- Experience of working with tight deadlines and ensuring work is on brand and on budget
- Knowledge of latest ADOBE CS suite is essential
What’s on offer;
- Salary up to £27,000 dependent upon experience
- Opportunity for future career growth and development both within the role and organisation
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Medical scheme
- Death in Service
- Hours 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday, you maybe required to work outside of these hours during busy periods.