Senior Civil Engineer required in Oxfordshire.
Our client based in Didcot, Oxfordshire require a Senior Civil Engineer to join their highly motivated and committed Civil Engineering consultancy. With a proven track record of the delivery of successful projects for their clients, this ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and experienced engineer.
The company has a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. It has a strong commitment to training ranging from ‘on the job training’ in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses.
Furthermore, their breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
Work undertaken by the Civil Engineering department whilst not exhaustive, typically include:
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application planning advice
- Design of roads, drainage, retaining walls, bridges and earthworks
- Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments and Phase 1 Geo-Environmental Appraisals
As a Senior Civil Engineer you will ordinarily undertake the following tasks:
- Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advise clients accordingly
- Prepare outline and detailed designs of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services
- Produce technical and pre-planning reports on flood risk, drainage, utilities and geo-environmental issues, and / or check reports produced by others
- Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities
- Enhance and promote the image of the company
To be considered you will possess the following essential relevant skills and experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience in civil engineering design
- Experience in the use of industry-standard design software packages, such as Micro Drainage
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions
- Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
- Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
- An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
- An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
- Good commercial awareness
- An ability to work well with others as part of a team
In return, the successful Principal Civil Engineer will receive a competitive salary negotiable dependent on experience, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation. The company also contributes to regular social events, such as gokarting, theatre trips, golf, bowling etc.