Senior Chartered Accountant
£30k + per annum plus benefits
Our client is a well-established, commercially astute accountancy firm providing a full array of accountancy services to clients across a variety of business sectors throughout the UK. Their client base includes; architects, medical professional services, doctors, dentists, retail, manufacturing, and wholesale clients and they also provide services to a wide range of private clients, sole traders and partnerships.
Their existing team is; 2 directors and 9 employees and they boast a fantastic reputation built in over 34 years of hard work; they are now seeking to recruit a qualified Chartered Accountant / Senior to join the existing team and take over staff management for the business.
The new addition will sit between the directors and the team and will be instrumental in both hands on daily accounting duties of the practice but also in staff management and leading by example. The role is for a fully qualified general practice accountant and will require the individual to have a wide range of skills which can only have been obtained from practice dealing with a varied client base.
The candidate must be ACA/ACCA qualified with considerable experience in a practice environment and the ability to undertake all accounts based tasks as well as providing excellent leadership and management support to the existing team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills / experience;
- Assisting staff with their daily duties as necessary.
- Accounts Preparation of Sole trader, partnerships and limited companies
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Preparation of corporation, personal and partnership tax returns
- Being the clients’ main point of contact for queries and answering daily client and staff queries as necessary.
- Offering advice to clients.
- Interviewing clients and undertaking client meetings as necessary (travel to both local clients and clients further afield will be necessary – expenses will be paid).
- Producing letters of clearance.
- Producing letters of engagement.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries.
- Cash flow forecasting and preparation of business plans.
- Use of Sage products experience would be advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join a successful, reputable firm with the possibility to progress. The candidate must be ACA/ACCA qualified with considerable experience in a practice environment.
Salary & Benefits
For the ideal candidate the salary on offer would be £30k + per annum. The client is also offering a private healthcare scheme (eligible on successful completion of the probationary period) and the possibility of additional benefits.