Job title- Senior AWS Developer
Client-Renowned Software/IT Consulting firm, End Client-Large Energy Retailer
Day rate-£450-£500 per day (Outside IR35)
Job Purpose:- Customer facing AWS Lead Developer
A Senior Developer role to take the lead on the delivery of robust and complete solutions, to address both business and technical problems within our AWS estate. The individual must be adaptable and able to think independently and out of the box to define and develop innovative, effective and efficient solutions. The individual must be able to take on a high level problem statement from the business and think independently; applying out of the box thinking, to develop a robust, enduring, extensible and flexible solution to address the problem.
The Senior Developer must have extensive and proven leadership experience and be able to lead, direct and delegate to other developers, oversee a team of developers and junior developers; coach, train and mentor. Proven experience of Quality Assurance across the team and ownership and accountability of code quality.
Supervisory / Managerial responsibilities
AWS Developers will report to the person holding this position
The Senior Developer must have an advanced knowledge of DevOps & DevSecOps; contributing a wealth of expertise and experience in DevOps practices, ways of working and methodologies. This must include knowledge and experience of CI/CD to maximise development efficiency and quality. The Senior Developer must also have experience of working within an Agile delivery framework.
The Senior Developer must have extensive and proven experience of working within large and mature enterprises and working within enterprise level governance models, policies and processes. With a strong understanding of enterprise level security, secure development and use of security tools to provide efficient development of robust code and automated assurance.
Mandatory skills and experience:
- AWS resources
- Linux (including shell scripting)
- Windows (including PowerShell)
- CI/CD tools
- Collaboration tools like Slack, MS Teams
- 10+ years in development roles with at least five years of demonstrable experience as a Senior Developer and/or Lead Developer.
- Significant and proven experience in AWS – five years minimum experience with a proven track record of developing complete solutions
- The Senior Developer must have the mindset and knowledge to deliver everything as code starting from Infrastructure as Code and zero manual clicking of buttons in AWS console.