Our client, a Top 100 firm of chartered accountants, is seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant/Manager for its practice in North Oxfordshire.
You will be providing a professional accountancy service to limited companies, partnerships and sole-traders, providing support to a Director in the running of their portfolio along with the management of junior staff.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Accountant/Manager include:
- Reporting directly to a Director in a supporting capacity
- The preparation and reviewing of financial statements and tax returns
- Reviewing junior’s work to identify relevant points for the Director to raise in client meetings
- Liaise with clients; assisting with queries, requesting additional information for accounts and returns, ensuring accuracy and that deadlines are met
- Support and mentor trainees and junior staff
On occasion, the role may involve some assistance with audit projects, although this is predominantly an accountancy position.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 1-2 years’ post ACCA/ACA qualified experience or 5 years qualified by experience
- Demonstrable ability to manage a varied portfolio of owner-managed businesses in the respect of audit, accountancy taxation and business advice
- Strong technical skills, including FRS102 and recent tax legislation and a sound working knowledge of legislative compliance
Along with the above requirements, it is desirable that you have experience of working with clients within a busy accountancy practice setting and previous exposure to new business development. A good working knowledge of Sage, Quickbooks, CCH and Xero would be advantageous.
Personal attributes of the Senior Accountant/Manager include:
- A positive, self-driven, results orientated approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving ability and competent in the delivery of a high quality, accurate accountancy service to strict deadlines
- Being flexible and adaptable; working at different offices and client visits
- Experienced at providing coaching and support to junior colleagues to assist their professional development
This practice is proud of the accolade of being voted amongst the top 100 for 'employer of the year’ in the region.
Please only apply if you have the right to live and work within the UK, without the need for sponsorship as this role cannot support applicants without a UK working visa