Working within our clients established accountancy practice you will be responsible for providing a professional accountancy service to Limited Companies, Partnerships and Sole Traders. As part of this role you will support a Director helping run their portfolio and manage junior staff in their day to day work.
Your key focus
Reporting directly to the director you will be responsible for the preparation and review of financial statements and tax returns. You will be required to review junior’s work to identify relevant points for the director to raise at client meetings
Your client skills will be utilised when dealing with queries or requesting additional information ensuring accurate completion of their accounts and returns according to statutory deadlines.
The skills you will need:
- At least 1-2 years post qualified ACCA / ACA or at least 5 years qualified by experience.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage a varied portfolio of owner managed businesses in respect of audit, accountancy, taxation & business advice.
- Experience of working with clients within a busy accountancy practice.
It be great if you also had:
- Previous exposure to new business development.
- Experience of preparing, and advising on, service charge accounts.
- Legislatively compliant with strong technical skills (including FRS102 & recent tax legislation changes)
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of accounting systems, CCH, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero.
You need to be:
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
- Strong problem solving ability & be able to deliver a high quality, accurate accountancy service to clients whilst being capable of meeting strict deadlines.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Mobile and flexible to work in other Company offices and clients sites when applicable.
- Highly motivated & organised with good networking skills & the ability to develop new business whilst maintaining strong business relationships with existing clients.
- Experience of coaching and supporting junior colleagues through professional development.