|Job Title:||Security Support Engineer|
|Salary:||100000 - 113000|
|REF:||2510 - 101809|
|Contact Name:||Amanda Doodney|
|Job Published:||7 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailemail@example.com|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||0118 912 3100|
|Member Contact||Amanda Doodney|
|Contact Phone Number||0118 912 3100|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
Are you Interested in Azure Cloud cybersecurity and do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with and learning from great technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and share knowledge with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of products.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action. And as a Security Support Engineer, you will be an elite member of a customer-obsessed security support team working on resolving complex issues with Azure Cloud and On-Prem security products such as:
- Cloud Application Security
- Azure Advanced Threat Protection
- Advanced Threat Analytics
- Many new cutting-edge products that are coming to the team soon
You have extensive experience providing mission critical customer support to external enterprise customers with a focus on helping, advising, and empowering customers to achieve more. You have a passion for learning new technologies, collaborating with other experts to find solutions, having complete customer obsession, continuously optimizing and improving the customer support experience, and having fun. You enjoy working on challenging issues that require in depth investigation, excellent communication, and complete ownership to drive issues to resolution. You obsess over small details to make sure that each customer interaction not only drives issues to resolution, but also ensures that customers are effectively using technologies to further the success of their business.
In all interactions with our customers, you communicate effectively, have complete accountability and ownership over providing amazing results, show resourcefulness in providing timely and effective solutions, and approach every situation with empathy, care, and a focus on providing an amazing experience. When you don’t know the answer, you “swarm” with other engineers to come up with a solution quickly, and you aren’t afraid to ask questions and learn new things daily. You don’t let anything block you in the pursuit of a world class customer service experience for our customers.
This position requires extensive cross-group coordination and excellent oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail; and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables. You must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, while also exhibiting flexibility and adaptability across a broad organizational matrix.
Beyond extensive technical focus, this role requires the ability to communicate issues and recommendations clearly and concisely and build broad relationships with influencers to impact key business results. You are passionate about improving the customer support experience and the product by collaborating with software developers to recommend feature improvements.
- Scope and resolve complex issues with onboarding, deployment and configuration of products
- Advise and educate customers on the features and capabilities of our products
- Interpret and analyze log data to troubleshoot issues
- Communicate solutions and recommendations to the customer and ensure that customers have the information and tools to address similar issues in the future
- Collaborate and coordinate with other teams and experts to tailor the best solution for customer issues
- Develop, document, and implement runbooks for training, process standardization, and guidance on how to troubleshoot effectively
- Troubleshoot issues in customer environments involving cloud, server, endpoint, and network infrastructure
- Perform activities necessary to quickly mitigate outages and service interruptions in the customer’s environment by recommending and implementing workarounds
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of product roadmaps and emerging technologies
- Investigate and communicate incident root cause to customers
- Participate in an on-call rotation when required
- Minimum 3+ years experience in Network Security Engineering or consulting, and/or Systems Administration with focus on security (this should include experience with endpoint security, server security and threat analytics)
- Minimum 3+ years customer facing support experience
- Minimum 2+ years of Windows Server, Windows Client, Active Directory.
- Minimum 1+ years of working with firewalls, containers, and virtual appliances.
- Minimum 3+ years of cloud experience with any of the major cloud providers, including cloud security, networking, and administration of cloud environments.
- Experience supporting large and complex geographically distributed enterprise environments with 1000+ users
- Experience in Linux administration
- Automation (PowerShell and/or Python, Java, or a similar language, can be a beginner to intermediate level).
- Demonstrated experience learning new technologies.
- Strong collaborative skills and extensive cross-group coordination skills
- Proven customer service skills supporting external and/or internal customers in an enterprise environment
- Great phone presence and documentation abilities. Excellent executive communication and crisis management skills
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to translate complex technical processes into simple to follow written guides
- Previous experience working in a large, complex, highly matrixed global organization preferred
- Ability to work in a high pace environment with many competing priorities and randomization
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field, or relevant work experience
Preferred IT Industry certifications (Microsoft Certifications On-Prem or Cloud, Cisco, CISSP, CEH, Amazon AWS, etc.)