Salesforce Administrator, Oxford
Fixed Term Contract -12 months
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Plus 25 days annual leave and 8 bank holidays.
10% contrib pension
PMI after completing 3 month probation
Summary of post:
As a new addition to the IT team and as an integral part of the Trust’s wider Digital Transformation strategy, the Salesforce Administrator will play a key role in the on-going development, maintenance and operation of the Salesforce CRM database currently being developed for initial soft launch in September.
Working closely with the IT and Database Manager, this role will champion the Salesforce CRM database to all stakeholders within the organisation, acting as the first point of contact for all Salesforce (and related apps) user enquiries, and will provide crucial technical support during the testing and implementation phases, in conjunction with external consultants and internal project management.
Main purpose of the job:
- Provide technical support during the testing and implementation phases to operational departments and product owners across the charity, including to international partners.
- Assist with management of data cleansing in preparation for sectional migration.
- Support data migration process.
- Support developments aimed at enhancing data quality, working closely with operational departments.
- Assist with the continuous development of the new Salesforce CRM database and its integration with other applications.
- Proactively contribute to developing and improving the Salesforce CRM database functionality, identifying areas of concern or improvement, devising processes to improve efficiency and quality of data to ensure best practice and maintain database configuration and functionality alignment to organisational needs.
- To assist with auditing of the system and Salesforce CRM database and the next phases of project delivery.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy by carrying out regular data housekeeping tasks to data held in the Salesforce CRM database.
- Support colleagues across the organisation in their developing use of Salesforce CRM database, with particular focus on the Fundraising, Events & Programs, Communications and Finance departments. To contribute to the development of fundraising methods which employ the in-house campaigning tool and the database.
- Identify and anticipate user training needs from new recruits to on-going top-up training, as required to help colleagues achieve their objectives.
- Set up reports and assist all departments with the reconciliation of their data; help colleagues turn business requirements into meaningful and insightful reports and dashboards.
- Take ownership and maintain system documentation and formulation of procedures (process documentation), user guidelines and training programmes to ensure that users understand and use the system efficiently and effectively. Ensure that users are aware of functions, capabilities and potential applications by communicating new features and functionalities of the Salesforce CRM System as and when they become available.
- Manage, monitor and maintain user accounts, support system security, including organisational, departmental and individual access controls, and password protection including transferring ownership of accounts/contacts/opportunities, under the operational governance of the Data & Design Board (once it has been properly constituted).
- Ensure that the organisation works within the boundaries of data protection legislation and follows all relevant benchmarking guidelines for the protection of personal information and the privacy of individuals.
- Become an expert user of FormAssembly and assist others in the creation of questionnaires and in the analysis and handling of the results.
- As and when required, proactively support the wider team and assist with supporter and customer care enquiries.
Essential skills and experience:
Minimum 2/3 years operational Salesforce experience including Nonprofit Cloud
Salesforce Administrator and Advanced Administrator (ADM201 and ADM211) certified
Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to customize apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
Strong data management abilities
Ability to communicate technical areas to those with less expertise
Self-management and prioritisation skills are essential
Desirable skills and experience:
Experience in the charity or education sector
Some Salesforce development experience, potentially working towards or already having the Platform Developer I (450) certification.
Experience with Salesforce Community cloud, HEDA or NPSP.
Experience working with FormAssembly, Campaign Monitor and other CRM systems (in particular thankQ).