To promote, sell and secure profitable new business for the company’s portfolio of ECM solutions from prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
To identify and profile new opportunities in existing and new commercial sectors.
To work to the agreed Sales Plan and meet Revenue and Profit targets whilst ensuring customer satisfaction with completed sales.
To ensure a forward pipeline of opportunities able to meet projected targets.
- T research sources for developing prospective clients and to define their potential.
- To analyse territory / market potential to maximise return on time investment.
- To create sales presentations relevant to the solution set and customer needs.
- To contact and visit prospective customers.
- To develop clear and effective written proposals for client opportunities based on agreed company price lists and product literature.
- To contribute to team effort by co-ordinating sales activity with management and technical resources.
- To keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- To include oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and the potential for new products and services.
- To maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- To keep abreast of solutions developments, market conditions, competitive activities advertising and promotional trends through the reading of relevant literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- To participate in trade shows, exhibitions and conventions.
- To perform all other tasks that are within the scope of the job and reasonably within the abilities of the job holder.
SALES / NEW BUSINESS – PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Experienced, Successful New Business salesperson.
- 2 years’ experience within an IT related Inside Sales position.
- 1 years’ experience of Lead Generation and Marketing.
- Demonstrable strength in working to deadlines and targets.
- Experience of working in a pressured environment.
- Imaging / data capture / Mobile technology sales skills highly desirable.
- Creative, positive & forward-looking with opportunity identification skills.
- Experience with medium to large organisations.
- Commitment to their own continuous professional development.
- Experienced and successful telesales operations.
- Organised, practical & efficient workload planning.
- Experience of new business introductions.
- ECM experience desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and nature.
- Revenue & Profit focused with good relationship skills.
- Good self-starter and self-motivator.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Professional presentation.
Key skills for sales executives
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- IT skills
- Numeracy skill
- £20k Basic Salary
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
- Uncapped Commission Plan (based on 7.5% of Gross Profit on sales up to £40k, 10% of GP on sales £41k - £70k, 15% on GP of anything above).
- Business Mileage Allowance (HMRC 45p per mile)
- Fully expensed mobile phone
- Company laptop
- 37.5hrs per week (but flexible to suit the role)
- 28 Days Annual Leave (inc. all UK Bank & Public Holidays)
- 6 Month Probationary Period