Sales Engineer Aerospace & Defence (UK)
A multi-functional role to maintain and develop applications and sales within agreed objectives.
- Though regular face-to-face meetings with the existing customers maintain existing relationships and sales within the defined territory / accounts lists.
- Prospect for and develop new applications for patented products with existing and currently unknown clients.
- Develop sales within the territory in line with the targets and budgets agreed periodically with Management.
- Provide local routine customer service support where necessary.
- Sales review and forecasting for periodic and annual budgets incl. margins
- Commercial discussions and price negotiations
- Introductions and presentations to potential customers
- Support for existing customers, incl. target and defined accounts
- Discussions of technical nature with clients’ designers to achieve solutions to assembly problems
- Support at shop floor level in case of product launches, troubleshooting and quality issues
- Preparing information to enable quotations / costings to be prepared
- Following up of enquiries, leads and opportunities
- Promotion of new innovative technical products and their ability to be multiplied
- Expansion of the existing business and acquisition of new customers
- Close communication and cooperation with the internal sales administrators
- Working on complex technical projects together with the product engineers and sales administrators
- Competitor Intelligence, support of market and customer surveys
- Effective territory planning, calendarising movements and reporting customer service activities
- Attending and working at international aerospace exhibitions and customer seminars
- Occasional visits to other client locations for product support / training
- Routine visits to Head Office to support sales activities
- Realization of technical product trainings for the clients’
- Trend scouting and product brainstorming in the framework of the Group innovation activities
- Frequent reporting of sales activities within the Group CRM system
If applicable, cooperation with national and international standardization committees and
aerospace associations (e.g. ADS, GIFAS, BDLI)
Technician or Engineer
5 years minimum
- Presentation techniques
- Strategic thinking
- Fastening technology experience desirable
- Aerospace industrial knowledge desirable