Sales Development Manager
£36-38k+, £50k+ OTE
25 days holiday
Pension after 6 months
INTERVIEWS 29TH DECEMBER IN BASINGSTOKE
Recruiting for Harlow and Battersea
It is essential that you have a strong Key Account Management experience and account managed high worth accounts. You will also have 3 years field based sales experience within the FMCG industry.
Educated to GCSE standard, preferably to a minimum of A level
Catering Experience preferred, Sound Field Sales record, Demonstrable ability to deal with Group Accounts, PC skills, Numerate, Literate, Developed Team Working skills, Developed Presentation and Communication skills, Proven Sales and Negotiation Skills, Proven Margin Management experience, Proven strong relationships with customers, Excellent Industry and Product Knowledge and an ability to be a self-starter and work remotely ie in the field.
Full Current and Clean Driving Licence
• Takes action to deliver agreed results
• Uses basic feedback from customers to be more effective
• Sees tasks to conclusion even in the face of difficulty
• Responds to questions and problems effectively and in a timely manner
• Accepts and adapts to different tasks and targets when needed
• Takes a different approach to achieve results when appropriate
• Contributes to changes which will help the business
• Helps out with other tasks in order to help the whole team be successful
• Sets and reviews targets which improve own performance
• Goes beyond the immediate tasks to try and do better
• Uses development activities to improve knowledge and skills
• Incorporates the Bidvest values into own behaviour
Champions of Innovation
• Offers ideas and solutions to improve service and tackle problems
• Open to other people's ideas and suggestions for improvements
• Adapts ideas and solutions to suit their customers
• Keeps up to date with new thinking which is relevant to their job
• Uses and shares their expertise to achieve targets
• Co-operates with colleagues to achieve targets and provide a good service
• Has a positive impact on those around them and works to resolve any conflicts
• Communicates clearly and honestly with others
Your role -
You will be responsible for 80-90 accounts which include the NHS, Universities, Schools etc and your role is to service and develop these accounts.as well as generating new business by networking, getting out and about, door knocking, referrals etc.
You will be targeting on accounts growth as well as new business.
You must be able to plan your time, prepare your meetings, understand what your clients are buying, ascertain their needs, give quotes, close business and grow business and communicate effectively with Senior professionals.
You must be tenacious, be able to understand data and learn the products quickly, be au fait with IT in order to communicate effectively with your clients by e-mail, powerpoint etc.
To nurture and develop customer accounts, including Group accounts, to maximise the full business potential and cash return
To work closely with the depot teams, Business Managers, Specialists, NAM’s and Manufacturers to secure large Regional Group Accounts and build account value for Bidvest to true potential.
To work closely with Regional Partners and through liaison with Wholesale stakeholders and account head office negotiations to deliver agreed business objectives and to exceed budget expectations. To develop, support, drive and deliver individual UDM business plans through the depot infrastructure within a defined and allocated geographical area.
1. Management of Customer base and achievement of budgeted sales and cash targets within a Geographic area linked to depot operations for the UDM workload, with focus on existing and the development of significant (£30k+) new end user accounts across individual and multi- site operations
2. To maximise business potential in each group account through business meetings, presentations, exhibitions, concept development, menu support, manufacturer liaison, and other business / marketing support initiatives
3. To conduct profit studies and price reviews ie the commercials and implement them in key customers in time with national lists / account specific contractual agreements
4. To negotiate customer specific over-riding discounts, rebates, and manufacturer support agreements / costs where applicable
5. To produce regular business updates / business reviews / activity presentations at internal meetings and external meetings
6. To provide full liaison between the customer and Bidvest Sales and Operations organisation
7. To entertain customers at Corporate and Industry events as appropriate within the Bidvest entertainment guidelines
8. Be capable of deputising for the NAM during times of holiday / absence in key sites / accounts of National customers
9. To accompany BM’s where appropriate in helping with their training and development in handling and potential realisation of UDM business / accounts which may feature on their ledgers.
10. Be required to carry out such duties consistent with status and abilities and as required by the Company from time to time. The list above not being necessarily complete or comprehensive nor duties limited to this list and therefore is subject to change in accordance with the needs of the business
11. Health and safety accountabilities:
12. Comply with the Company Health & Safety Policy.
13. Support the BS OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditation process.
14. Comply with all verbal and written instructions in matters pertaining to Health & Safety.
15. Attend Health & Safety training courses as per instructions from line managers.
Key Performance Indicators
Sales and Cash vs budget
Key Category Penetration and Solution placement
Product Pillar Mix
Average order value and average spend per customer
New account performance / wins
Uptrading and Downtrading 20:20, account coverage
Business Plan Development
Regukar Business Reviews for Geographical workload
When you come on board there will be full training given both head office based and field based.