To £50K plus extensive benefits package
Due to the nature of this work all candidates must be UK Nationals. No dual-nationality candidates are permitted due to ITAR restrictions. Candidates must also currently hold or be eligible to hold UK Security Clearance to SC level or higher.
Your future duties and responsibilities
It is expected that you will have previous experience in safety engineering, a broad background in software engineering, have (or be able to acquire) suitable safety qualifications, be flexible and quick to learn new systems / processes, and effective in working across a large programme team.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Working on safety-related projects
- Update and maintenance of safety documentation such as Hazard Logs and Safety Case Reports
- Broad understanding of software development lifecycle from specification and design through to implementation, testing and assurance activities
- Attention to detail for documentation reviews
- Commercial awareness
- Good communication skills and ability to work with multiple teams across a programme
Experience in the following is advantageous but not essential:
- Defence projects and MoD processes for safety management
- Knowledge of Goal Seeking Notation (GSN)
- Use of ASCE product
- Familiarity with DEFSTAN 00-55 and 00-56
- Presentation skills for contributing to client meetings
- Technical writing
A Safety Engineer is required to work on the FC BISA project within the Safety team working on a range of components for the FC BISA and FCA systems. FC BISA is an established programme working for the UK MoD with an end user community of the Royal Artillery and Infantry. The FC BISA and FCA systems are deployed operationally and so the programme is managed as safety-related (LSL4) working to SIL2 development standards. The existing Safety Case Reports and Hazard Logs require maintenance during the contracted Support period and further substantial development of the 2 systems is expected which will require major updates to the safety documentation set.
Build your career with us
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, we are at the centre of this change — supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
Our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.