Bridgend, Edinburgh or Glasgow
To £37K plus extensive benefits package
Due to the nature of this work all candidates must already hold or be eligible to hold UK Security Clearance to SC level or higher.
Our client is looking for a confident Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer to join their Intelligent Automation Service team.
The RPA Developer will be responsible for the design, build, implementation, and operational support of Robotic Automation Processes, together with the operation support and maintenance of the RPA application platform.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious and forward-thinking engineer to join a growing, and innovative, team. It is a team where everyone puts forward ideas on how to improve and innovate, and it will offer the chance for someone to make a real mark on RPA delivery within the business.
Required qualifications for this role:
Blue Prism Developer accredited
Job role responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of Intelligent Automation, the RPA Developer will be Blue Prism Developer accredited, with at least 3 years hands on development experience. They will have additional development experience, ideally in SQL and/or .Net.
We are looking for good communication skills, a real drive to improve ways of working, and the ability to work under pressure. The shared service can be a challenging environment and candidates should be prepared to reprioritise regularly. Key activities will include but not be limited to:
• Build automated processes from a process definition document, signed off by the Business Process Owner and the Lead Automation Architect, using the most appropriate standard automation tools
• Be able to develop automations confidently with minimal, if any assistance
• Follow standards and methodologies for automated processes, making recommendations for improvements as necessary
• Recommend alternative methods for creation of automations, where the same outcome can be achieved for less effort
• Ensure robust error and exception handling is built into all automated processes, so that all exceptions are reported and can be handled manually
• Produce detailed operational support documentation, to enable the entire team to support all automated processes
• Actively contribute to the automation Wiki to share knowledge amongst team members
• Minimize the amount of manual effort required in support of the automation platform, by automating team processes where appropriate
• Operationally support the automation platform and automated processes
• Proactively drive operational issues through to resolution. Takes ownership of issues
• Optimize the utilization of the robotic automation platform to ensure the maximum use of the available robot capacity
• Follow standard change/release management processes
• Participate in standby/callout rota, as required
• Deputise for the Senior Engineer(s) or Automation Architect as and when required
About the company:
Our client is a global Tier 1 company involved in many leading mission critical projects. They are highly regarded within the industry and are one of the largest independent technology & business services firms in the world.
They consider employees as highly valued members of the business and offer extensive progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national or global scale.