RFIC Design Director
Salary: £50,000 - £80,000 per annum DOE.
***A relocation package will be considered for eligible candidates***
As the RFIC (Radio-Frequency Integrated Circuit) Design Director, you will be responsible for providing RFIC wireless solutions for high frequency up to 30Ghz and driving them to mass production. You will be hands-on and work collaboratively with an experienced team to conceive and design innovative product solutions. You must be responsive, flexible and have a strong eye for detail.
Duties will include:
- Deliver and lead on the RFIC (Radio-Frequency Integrated Circuit) design methodology. System-level mixed-signal verification, RF chip/package/board de-sense.
- Working across departments to determine RFIC requirements.
- Leading the architectural definition, design, simulation, layout, extracted simulation for transmit and receive front ends from the data converters to LNAs and PAs.
- Work with cross-functional teams including platform architecture, wireless design, SW to define radio features enabling wireless innovation
- Actively engage with various technology vendors to decide on the process node
- Perform detailed radio bring-up/characterization and work with systems integration/test to solve issues and optimize wireless system performance
- Educated to Master’s or PhD level in Electrical or Communications Engineering or related field.
- Proven track record of Chip inception to mass production
- Deep understanding of RF CMOS implementation fundamentals, and basic building blocks, including LNAs, mixers, VCOs and DCOs, LO and PAs.
- Deep understanding of RF device modeling, including device noise parameters, inductor modeling. Insights into packaging effects, supply isolation, high frequency ESD structures, and circuit layout techniques for optimum RF performance.
- mm-wave layout techniques and optimisation
- Familiarity with various RF transceiver architectures and their trade-offs; demonstrated capability to work with digital design group for an optimum partition between digital and analog domain.
- Experience with physical design and verification, passive component design using industry-standard tools such as Cadence Virtuoso and HFSS, EMX
- Familiarity with digital flow (synthesis, static timing, place and route) particularly in the context of state machines for mixed-signal control systems.
- RF test equipment such as network analysers, spectrum analysers, oscilloscopes, and probe-stations
- Experience leading teams, line management experience.
***Verus Recruitment Partners are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities Employer***
Keywords: RFIC Design, radio-frequency integrated circuit, RFIC, wireless solutions, RFIC wireless solutions, System-level mixed-signal verification, RF chip, wireless design, mm-wave, VCO, DCO.