Our client is a manufacturer of RF waveguide technologies, they have a great graduate opportunity for a Microwave Design Engineer to join their multi-disciplined team of engineers.
You will support the team with the following:
- Carry out the design and development of RF microwave waveguide components, assemblies and sub-systems.
- Verify new designs by the appropriate means (such as calculation, simulation, similarity and read across, or hard model prototypes) per the agreed specification.
- Complete all necessary documentation (such as compliance matrix, design review, acceptance test procedure, reports) in accordance with company procedures.
- Validate initial product by test according to the agreed acceptance test procedure.
- Support production activities with regard to troubleshooting during electrical test and providing, as required, guidance and supervision of test technicians.
- Assist in the planning and review of new product developments.
- Provide technical advice and assistance in pursuance of existing and new business, ensuring the effectiveness and competitiveness of the proposed technical solution.
- Review new technologies, appropriate to business needs.
- Degree qualified in Electronics, Electrical, Physics or similar discipline or equivalent experience in RF and Microwave design of passive waveguide devices and sub-systems.
- Working experience or exposure with passive waveguide devices such as tees, couplers, power dividers, rotary joints, loads, waveguide to coax adaptors, transducers, comparators, and antenna.
- Some experience in microwave simulation and design tools such as Ansoft HFSS or CST.
- Good communication skills, both written/oral, and technical/ non-technical) with colleague’s management and customers.
- Able to work to project deadlines.
- Candidates need to have, or be able to attain, UK security clearance.
What’s in it for me?
- Great working environment/ cutting edge RF design
- Attractive starting salary, 25 days leave plus paid BH
- Flexible working hours based on a 37.5-hour week
- On-site parking
Formerly Electronics Yorkshire, The Electronics Group are experts in the industry with a vast array of knowledge in both Electronics Manufacturing and Engineering. Established in 2003, Electronics Yorkshire (originally part of Bradford College) has been providing Training and Support and has been both an Authorised IPC Training Centre and Distributor for many years. Electronics Yorkshire’s Advanced Training Centre (based in Leeds) is the largest of its kind in the UK and will continue to be the Head Office for The Electronics Group serving each division.