A residential centre for young adults aged 18 years and over who have a severe learning disability, autism, communication difficulties, challenging behaviours, mental health and other complex needs for adults with severe learning difficulties and challenging behaviour are seeking a Residential Support Worker to join their team in Bromyard, Herefordshire.
The company offer a thorough induction schedule that includes training in the following areas: Safeguarding Adults, Non-Abusive Physical and Psychological intervention, Autism Awareness, Epilepsy Awareness, First Aid and many more. As part of the induction schedule you will also attend shadow shifts to ease you into the role.
As a Residential Support Worker you will:
- Support the residents within the home, teaching life skills such as cooking or cleaning.
- Plan and carry out a range of activities to suit the interests of the people you care for, this could mean long walks in the countryside, pottery or even swimming!
- Be proactive and forward plan to ensure the residents have access to a wide range of hobbies and day trips.
- Help with personal care including toileting, bathing and showering.
To be a successful Residential Support Worker you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role.
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma (or equivalent or be working towards it).
- A full UK driving licence due to the location of the role.
- Good values and morals.
Applicants with no prior care experience will be considered if able to demonstrate good values and a passion for delivering care of the highest standard.
You will be working rotating shift patterns:
Early shift: 7.30 am – 2.30 pm
Late shift: 2.00 pm – 9.30 pm
Weekends are expected, this will be on rotation and overtime is available
In return you will receive a salary of £16,663 - £18,973 per annum plus an employee assistance programme, pension, paid training hours, generous overtime rates, sick pay and opportunities for progression.
The company are dedicated to equality of opportunity in all areas, education and care. We are committed to safeguarding those in our care; all employees are required to obtain an Enhanced DBS Disclosure and follow safeguarding policy and practice.