Based in Southampton / £30k - £38k per annum
My client, a successful technology company is looking for an experienced Research Manager for their key clients and to manage teams of their researchers in their new, social offices. This is a key role which will support the business and Client Services division and driving profitable business growth.
The key purpose for this position is to add value to clients through superior service and build strategic partnerships with existing and new clients whilst maximising on revenue opportunities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:-
- Manage and execute projects through the entire project lifecycle from kick off, design, QA and delivery of strategic outputs.
- Define and deliver projects effectively through cross team consultation and working. Deliver to budget and on time.
- Responsible for own specific clients and support across other key clients.
- Point of contact to resolve day to day issues raised by supporting teams
- Engaging and managing the client relationship day to day.
- Escalate issues that need assistance to resolve.
- Focus on strong account handling and demonstrate company’s expertise in sector and specialism through delivery and professionalism to become an extension of the client team.
- Create and deliver superior outputs through storytelling and going beyond the data to find compelling and relevant strategic insights that will drive commercial decision
- Oversees direct reports and acts as a mentor.
- Delegate and supervise daily activities and feed into directors around resourcing, productivity and efficiencies.
- Ensure team operates within established processes and procedures
- Support for business development
- Upskill personally - Actively lead and manage department goals and initiatives outside of expected roles and responsibilities.
- Upskill personally around competencies, people management and client rapport building
Competencies, Experience & Behaviours:
- Self motivated/ability to multi-task
- Open minded and creative
- Problem solving skills
- Passion and curiosity for insight and data – ability to take a step back from the data and find the bigger picture
- People orientated and collaborative with good communication skills
- Strong personal development and drive to improve
- Strong background and evidence in methods and exposure to different techniques (incl questionnaire design, sample design, weighting, analysis and report writing)
- Attention to detail
- 5+ years experience experience in a digital / marketing / market research agency account managing large accounts.
- Create: resourceful and collaborate effectively to develop the best solutions / Creative thinking to drive solutions and improvements for the clients and the business, foster a culture of collaboration and team working / problem solving / curiosity
- Excel: continually raise standards to achieve amazing results whilst inspiring others / Growth oriented / winning mentality, inspiring / self- motivated / drive to improve
- Impact: positively influence others and use good judgement to deliver smart outcomes / ability to influence, negotiate and network at senior levels / passion
- Energy: enthusiastic and determined and you encourage others to accomplish important work.